*NOTE - The VisualBoy v1.7.2 emulator emulates both Game Boy and Game Boy Color ROM files.
1. Download the VisualBoy_1.7.2.zip and click the "Open" button.
2. On the left side Windows panel, select "Extract all files".
3. The Extraction Wizard will appear. Hit "Next".
4. Select a Destination folder. Type in C:\VisualBoy then hit "Next".
5. When the Wizard is done extracting all the files, click "Finish". The installation is now complete.
6. There's (3) game ROMs included to get you playing now. For additional game ROMs become a AccessROMs.com member, download some Game Boy ROMs or Game Boy Color ROMs and save them to the "VisualBoy ROMs" folder in your "C:\VisualBoy" directory. There's NO need to unzip the game ROMs, the VisualBoy emulator utilizes both zipped and non-zipped Game Boy and Game Boy Color ROMs.
7. Now double click on the "VisualBoyAdvance.exe" and start the program. Click on the "File" tab link at the top of the window and select "Open".
8. Find your "VisualBoy ROMs" folder in your "C:\VisualBoy" directory. Highlight the folder, then click "Open".
9. Now highlight a game in the list and click "Open".
10. To view or change the default keyboard/joypad settings, click on the "Options" tab link and select "Joypad/Configure/1".
11. Now you're ready to play!