1. Download the NEStopia_v1.37.zip and click the "Open" button.
2. On the left side Windows panel, select "Extract all files".
3. The Extraction Wizard will then appear. Hit "Next".
4. Select a Destination folder. Type in C:\NEStopia then hit "Next".
5. When the Wizard is done extracting all the files, click "Finish". The installation is now complete.
6. There's (3) Nintendo game ROMs included to get you playing now. For additional game ROMs become a AccessROMs.com member, download some Nintendo ROMs and save them to the "ROMs" folder in your "C:\NEStopia" directory. There's NO need to unzip the ROMs, the NEStopia emulator utilizes both zipped and non-zipped Nintendo (NES) ROMs.
7. Double click the "nestopia.exe" and start the program. You will see this blank screen. Click the "Options" tab link at the top of the window and select "Input".
8. This is where you make all the input configurations quickly and easily. If you already have joysticks hooked up to your computer, then they will be automatically recognized by the NEStopia program. If you plan on using the keyboard instead of a joystick, have a look at the keyboard mappings. Make the necessary changes if needed and then hit the "OK" button.
9. Now click the "File" tab link at the top of the window and select "Open"
10. Find your "ROMs" folder in "C:\NEStopia" and double click on it.
11. Double click on a game ROM from the list of games available.
12. Now you're ready to play!